Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Thoughts

Among the many traditions that have eluded me over the years is the tradition of the New Years resolution. I can honestly say that I have not broken a new year’s resolution, but mostly because I cannot remember ever having made such a resolution to break in the first place. It’s not that I have something against self-improvement, or that I don’t have plenty of things that I could change or do better, its just that I never really felt like making a promise to do better simply because it is a new year would help me to accomplish any of these things.

There is one thing, however, that I do believe in, and that is establishing goals, even though I am not always very good at accomplishing them. So rather than listing the things that I resolve to do differently this year, I am working on a list of goals for my personal, business, and ministry that will help me to better know where I am and where I would like to be.
While I am still just starting on my list of goals, I do have a few goals for this blog that I would like to share.

First, I want to share more about the ministry of Men and Women of Praise. I want this to be informative for the reader so they know how they can support and pray for this ministry, without the blog becoming a place to brag about all the good things we are doing. My intention in sharing about specific events we attend and people we work with will only be to provide a glimpse into the world where God has lead our ministry. I do not desire to bring glory this ministry, to myself, or to anyone else, other than God who has done such incredible things in us and through us.

Secondly, I want to make it a goal of this blog to make the readers more familiar with the other ministers involved in the Men and Women of Praise. Men and Women of Praise encompass ministers from many different walks of life and while some passions are shared in common, we all have different areas of ministry that we are more or less passionate about. This year will include several guest posts from the members and officers of the ministry so you can get to know them better.

Lastly, I am continually reminded of the fact that I am not a very prolific blogger. In the last year, I averaged around 1.5 blog posts per month. This could be due to my very busy life with four kids, a small business, and a ministry, but probably not entirely. I have friends with almost equally busy lives that blog a few times a day so I think I can find time to blog more often. I am not going to say just yet exactly how often, but I think I can bring my average up a few posts a month at least.

Praying God’s blessings on all of my friends and fellow ministers in the year 2012,

Edwin “FedEx” Aldrich,
President,
Men of Praise Motorcycle Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment